At the crossroads of trade routes and spiritual currents, prague is established on both banks of the Vltava river in central bohemia.
Take a walk in the evening along the Royal Route and get lost in the winding streets of the Old Town, you will feel the spirit of Kafka and the shadow of the Golem.
The Charles Bridge offers a spectacular panorama of Prague Castle. Cross it to get there and discover the secrets of Malá Strana (alchemist institution with magical signs …). Embrace the ancient and modern architecture of the city, Gothic churches, unique Cubist houses, and even the Dancing House by Frank Gehry and Vlado Milunic.
To do in Praha
- Enjoy a glass of wine from the Sainte Clare vineyard, the oldest one in Prague, above the Troja Castle.
- Visit the enchanting castle Karlštejn near the capital and let yourself be amazed by its crown jewels
- Go to the extraordinary permanent exhibition of František Kupka, one of the founders of abstract painting in Kampa
- Visit the unique Star Pavilion in the middle of a park admired by poets and alchemists
- In the evening, have a beer in one of the oldest breweries in Prague, for example U Flekü.
Texte Martin Stejskal • Photos Jana Stejskalová
“Secret Prague” Jonglez Editions