Grilled tuna recipe from chef Coco Reinarhz.
At the forefront of the modern African gastronomy movement Coco Reinarhz is not the first chef in his family. This family history is a culinary love story dedicated to the fine flavours of Africa and the African culinary renaissance can be tasted in every mouthful of Coco’s food. His cuisine is a family heritage’s story.
Grilled tuna, Niçoise style recipe
- 300 g small boiled potatoes, each potato scrubbed and quartered
- 150 g green beans boiled and halved
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 40g anchovy
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and either halved or quartered
- 100g of small ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into eighths
- 4 x 200g tuna steak
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a pan over high heat, sauté the onion, beans and potatoes before adding anchovies
- Marinate tuna steaks in a little olive oil for an hour. Heat a large skillet on medium high heat, or place on a hot grill. Cook the steaks 2 to 3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- In a bowl, arrange the potatoes; add the tuna steak cut into 1/2-inch thick slices, garnish with chopped eggs and tomatoes cut into small cubes.
- Drizzle the salad with the mustard vinaigrette and serve warm.
Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette
Olive oil : 100ml
Lemon juice : 20ml
Dijon mustard : 1 teaspoon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl, whisk together the ingredients until you get an emulsion. Season with salt and pepper.